- Ms. M. O’Connell – School Chaplaincy Leader
- TBD – School Social Worker
- Mr. B. Mahon – Child Youth Counsellor
Child Youth Counsellor
- Child Youth Counsellors collaborate with and assist teachers and other professionals in delivering programs and interventions to individuals and groups of exceptional students and non-identified students exhibiting social, emotional, or behavioural problems.
School Social Worker
- The Loyola school community is pleased to offer the services of a School Social Worker. All HCDSB Social workers are registered members of the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Our school social workeri is at the school full time and offers a variety of services, such as advocacy, assessment, attendance counseling, classroom interventions, crisis intervention, consultation, individual, family and group counseling to name a few. They can be found in the Student Services Department.
- High school can be a complex place for students to navigate – sometime students are concerned about school performance, friends or family relationships. Social Workers support students dealing with any of these concerns and together they collaboratively problem solve to make things more manageable. 1 in 4 people deal with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and overwhelming stress. The School Social Worker will help students manage any mental health issues which may affect their healthy functioning at school.
- To access School Social Work services, please do not hesitate to contact the school administration or our school social worker directly at (905)847-0595 x1016