- The Modern Language teachers strive to provide students with the skills they need to communicate in Canada’s second language, focusing on developing oral communication, reading and writing skills. Teachers strive to select texts, activities and tasks that are relevant to the students’ lives and appropriate for their communication development. Students may select French as Second Language (FSL) courses at the Applied or Academic level, or the Extended French program (FEF) which also includes courses in Geography, History, and World Religions in French. To further enhance the students’ knowledge of international languages, courses in Italian are also offered in grades 10 & 11.
- STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE EXTENDED FRENCH PROGRAMME MUST COMPLETE SIX EXTENDED FRENCH COURSES (FEF1D1, CGC1DF, FEF2D1, CHC2DF, FEF3U1, HRT3MF) IN ORDER TO TAKE FEF4U1 IN GRADE 12. STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE THE EXTENDED FRENCH PROGRAMME AT THE END OF GRADE 12 WILL RECEIVE THE EXTENDED FRENCH CERTIFICATE AT GRADUATION.
- Mr. D. Faiazza
- Mrs. J. Mousseau
- Mr. E. Paquette
- Ms. V. Coutu
- Miss A. Nunes
- Grade 9 Core French: FSF1D1 (Academic French Language/Culture), FSF1P1 (Applied French Language/Culture)
- Grade 9 Extended French: FEF1D1 (Extended Academic French Language/Culture), CGC1DF (Géographie du Canada)
- Grade 10 Core French: FSF2D1 (Academic French Language/Culture)
- Grade 10 Exended French: FEF2D1 (Extended Academic French Language/Culture), CHC2DF (Histoire du Canada)
- Grade 11 Core French: FSF3U1 (University French Language/Culture)
- Grade 11 Extended French: FEF3U1 (Extended University French Language/Culture), HRT3MF (Les Grandes Religions)
- Grade 12 Core French: FSF4U1 (University French Language/Culture)
- Grade 12 Extended French: FEF4U1 (Extended University French Language/Culture)